Only GPS-based toll collection in a year: Gadkari


Nitin Gadkari, Union Road Transport and Highways Minister has recently told Lok Sabha that all toll booths across the National Highway network will be done away with and a complete GPS-based toll collection system will be rolled out within one year.

Responding to a question during the Question Hour, he stated, “The money will be collected based on GPS imaging (on vehicles) and you will pay the user fee for the stretch you will use.”

Gadkari also said 93% of the vehicles are currently paying toll using FASTag and the remaining 7% who haven’t are paying a double user fee.

Popular from web