If you are unhappy with your insurance company
- Approach the Grievance Redressal Officer of its branch or any other office that you deal with. Click here for mail ids of Grievance Redressal Officers, GRO, of all insurance companies
- Give your complaint in writing along with the necessary support documents
- Take a written acknowledgement of your complaint with the date.
The insurance company should deal with your complaint within 15 days.
- If that does not happen or if you are unhappy with their solution you can:
- Send a letter to IRDAI with your complaint:
- Click here to download Complaint Registration Form
- Fill and send the Complaint Registration Form along with any letter or enclosures, if felt necessary, by post or courier to:
- The General Manager,
Consumer Affairs Department – Grievance Redressal Cell,
Insurance Regulatory and Development Authority of India (IRDAI)
3-5-817/818, United India Towers,
Hyderabad – 500 029